Friday, September 5, 2008

To Climb or Not to Climb, that is the Question...




Christian has been working up the courage to climb the stairs. It's not that I don't want him to learn new and exciting things, but I am not too thrilled with the prospect of chasing him around on three floors (I'm not as young as I used to be :). Come on! We all ready have three baby gates up. Do we really need a fourth?
Christian usually spends time each day after he's eaten his hardy bowl of oatmeal standing at the foot of the stairs. So far, he has pulled both knees onto the first step, but he always slides back down. I guess he isn't ready to move forward. Usually after several minutes of this ritual, he heads back down the hallway for a quick snuggle with mom and spends the rest of the time before his morning nap playing with his toys and following the dogs around. I predict that he will be up to second step in a few more days...oh boy!

1 comment:

Jennifer Cheer said...

Our daughter Sarah is doing the same thing...nerve wracking! She just turned 1 yr old and is just about to start walking. Pulling up and holding onto everything. When they start walking...watch out, then the real fun begins:)