Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



I absolutely love Mother's Day! Not because of the great gifts (okay, maybe a little for the great gifts), but this is such a sweet Mother's Day because for so very long I have wanted to be a mother and it always stung just a little to celebrate Mother's Day with everyone else. Now, I feel like, I made it. I'm finally in the club and it feels good.

Today, Mark surprised me with a beautiful black leather chair for my home office. It's my first Mother's Day gift from my son. Isn't it fabulous?! And, it has a massage function. I wish that you all could sit in it.

I took a before photo so that you all can see the lovely folding chair that I have been sitting on since we built our house a little over five years ago. This chair is now officially retired!

If you lasted through this post, without falling asleep, I commend you. It must be pretty dry, if you aren't the one receiving this terrific surprise, but I am very excited about it. Can you tell?

I hope everyone has a very nice Mother's Day weekend. :-) Mary

2 comments:

Tonya said...

That is an awesome gift. Way to go Mark! Happy Mother's Day to you. I'm so happy for you.

Kristy Mattson said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a great mother's day!